This fund was generously established by H. Dean and Susan Regis Gibson to help one or two outstanding graduate or undergraduate students with particular attention, but not limited, to female students to conduct brain imaging research in the Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Brain Imaging. The H. Dean and Susan Regis Gibson Award is given on the basis of scholastic achievement, completed and/or intended research achievement, and the successful completion of a research proposal for conducting brain imaging research in the Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Brain Imaging.
The $1,250 - $2,500 award is given on the basis of scholastic achievement, completed and/or intended research achievement, and the successful completion of a research proposal for conducting brain imaging research in the Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Brain Imaging. Funds from the award can be used to cover research expenses including scanner time, subject fees, and research supplies.
Click here to learn more about Mr. and Mrs. Gibson and their commitment to taking part in movements that have a profound impact for all people in an article from The Imager!
Applications now accepted through February 28, 2022!
Congratulations to our 2021-2022 recipients:
Cody Mansfield, The KOBRA Study: The Effects of Knee Osteoarthritis on Brain Activation.
Advisors - James Oñate and Matt Briggs
Fiona Molloy, Neural Basis of Contextual Cueing.
Advisors- David Osher and Zeynep Saygin
Congratulations to our previous recipients:
- Athena Howell, Assessing the Neural Correlates of Infant Visual Recognition Memory. Advisor - Zeynep M. Saygin
- Jin Li, Language affects high-level visual perception. Advisor- Zeynep M. Saygin
2017 - 2018
- Heather Hansen, Neural Mechanisms of Misophonia. Advisor - Zeynep Saygin and Andrew Leber
- Allison Londeree, Decoding the neural representations of taste and health. Advisor - Dylan Wagner
2016 - 2017
- Giwon Bahg, Implementation of Adaptive Design Optimization for fMRI experiments. Advisor - Brandon Turner
- Jiageng Chen, Dynamically tracking feature and conjunction representations in human visual cortex. Advisor - Julie Golomb
- Eunbin (Stephanie) Kim, Neural decoding of naturalistic social interactions and subjective affective experience. Advisor - Dylan Wagner
2015 - 2016
- Madeline Doran, Neurobiology of Reading Comprehension in Bilingual Young Adults. Advisor - Stephen Petrill
- Yoolim Hong, Attentional disengagement suppresses visual long-term memory. Advisor - Andrew Leber
- Xiaoli Zhang, How does spatial attention update across eye movements in human parietal cortex? Advisor - Julie Golomb
2014 - 2015
- Daniel Berman, Topographic maps of depth in human visual cortex. Advisor - Julie Golomb
- Rachael Gwinn, Willful manipulation of neural value signals and the associated changes in preference. Advisor - Ian Krajbich
- Margaret Mehling, Impact of Shakespearian Social Skills Intervention on Behavioral and Neuropsychological Indicators of Social Functioning in Children with Autism. Advisor - Marc Tassé
2013 - 2014
- Stephanie Fountain - Zaragoza, Ohio Meditation Study. Advisor - Ruchika Prakash
- Vishnu Sreekumar, The neural representation of reinstated context: An fMRI study of recognition memory. Advisor - Per Sederberg
- Aimee Zisner, Neural Correlates of Emotion Recognition and Reward Processing in Pediatric Bipolar Disorder and Depression. Advisor - Ted Beauchaine
2012 - 2013
- Angeline De Leon, Mindfulness Disposition and Cognitive Control in Older Adults. Advisor - Ruchika Prakash
- Nora Fritz, Examining the Effects of Dance Dance Revolution on Mobility, Brain Plasticity and Cognition in Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis. Advisor - Deborah Larsen
- Sarah Lukowski, Neurobiological Markers of Scientific Thinking. Advisor - Stephen Petrill
2011 - 2012
- Tabitha Kirkland, Adivsor - Wil Cunningham
- Chelsea Voskuilen, Advisor - Roger Ratcliff